[Hhsband] this week - plus POB tickets, photos and other items

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Sun Oct 16 20:24:08 MDT 2016

Thanks to everyone who helped yesterday. We were rated Excellent!

Two more weeks folks - hold on and then we can relax a little!!!! Last
event for football season is 10/28.

Homecoming is Thursday night so football is on. Band truck will need to
be loaded when kids are asked to show up. The kids are doing the
majority of the work themselves, but we need parents to help.

There is lots to get on the field, and several of our standard helpers
are traveling. Even if you can't do heavy stuff, there is a lot of light
things that (props) would if you could help with would free up another
parent who can do the heavy things.

Then POB - next Saturday.  Know that Elizabeth Robison and Denise Tomlin
need your thanks - they are our POB reps and will be working Saturday
from 5:30 am until the last person leaves.

Ticket, picture and pin/etc plus forms *have to be turned into the band
room by tomorrow (Monday 10/17/17) afternoon*. Elizabeth Robison will be
checking the box in the band room and those numbers will determine how
much pictures will cost (we have to have at least 20 ordered to get the
reduced price of $10) and tickets will cost $10 at the POB gate (all non
band students have to have tickets for POB they are now only $6)
attached is the form.

Dawn is taking care of food - lunch will be from Podrells, with special
lunches for Ms G and our students with special dietary needs. Please let
me know if your student is one of those so we can make sure they are
taken care of. There will also be food for our volunteer parents. Snacks
will be available in the afternoon. Performance is at 11:15 so lunch
will be scheduled for 11:30. Last year the kids snacked before lunch and
we had lots of leftovers - try to keep them from munching.

These are the confirmed volunteer times and car poolers I've received -
sorry guys if you've mentioned something to me verbally - don't assume
I've remembered it. Everything starts to run together at this point in
the season. PLEASE send me an email.

Carpoolers Band leaves PAC at 9:30 am:  Manny M  5 (8 if his car is
fixed), Teresa C 7,  Scofields 10 (in two cars), Kathy I  3 (unless she
is needed for 7:30 - 9:45 volunteer slot), Dawn  4, Tammy T  3 (does
this include your student?), Betty L   4,  Messiers 3, Melecia G 3
still need 13 more spots

Volunteers:  7:30 - 9:45  need 1 to 2 more - Kathy I (unless we need her
for car pooling)
                     1:30 - 3:45 section full Manny M, Tammy T, Betty L,
Tim and Mary S
                     3:30 - end need 4 -  Dawn G, Joey L, Mike G

Teresa - I know you and your Mom are going to work, but can't remember
when......

Band tailgate area - Betty Lujan

Right after POB - APS marching competition  10/25.

What we need in order of importance:  Band students transported around
4:45 (time will be firmed up soon) and gear on field for performance.
After they perform - we will feed the kids pizza - can I get a volunteer
to organize that.

Volunteers to help Ms G with checking other bands in, guides for bands
and runners for judges scores. This will start around 4 - and go till
the end.

Volunteers at the end of the night to help clean up the stadium. We need
at least 10 adults and hopefully we can have students to help.

We can set up a table to sell pre-packaged food and drinks so if we had
a couple folks who maybe can't walk a lot to run the food table. No hot
food, kind of like the school's desert tables at some of our concerts.