[Hhsband] Band activities this week 9/26/16 and upcoming October items

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Tue Sep 27 21:46:58 MDT 2016

There is a football game on Friday 7pm community stadium (on west side
of Albuquerque). Band truck will start loading when the students report
(somewhere around 4:30).

We may start having props on the field along with director's stand,
percussion and PA with speakers. So all hands would be appreciated.

Weather is getting a little cooler, so make sure you have layers to keep
warm, students may need a couple of layers too.

We continue to need 2 buses, so we will need 2 parents who will ride the
buses with students.

Thank you so much for everyone who helped transport kids last Thursday.
We will also need transport to the three competitions: 10/15 Valencia -
in Los Lunas - time to be announced; 10/22 POB - at Wilson stadium;
10/25 APS adjudicated competition around 4pm. In the past we've
contacted Valencia so that they will hold spots for our transport cars,
similar to bus parking.

Thank Kathy I and Jessica M for organizing food at Valencia (when we
know what our time is) and Dawn G for arranging food with Powdrell's for
POB - students will be asked to bring sides, salads and special food needs.

We need volunteers to help with POB jobs during the day (we never work
when our band plays) - please look at your schedule. The last couple of
years there were a lot of double shift parents so that we could fill our
required volunteer time.  The band gets a cut of the proceeds when we
help - last year it was $400.  You will also need tickets to enter, Ms
Elizabeth Robison has access to them.

Thanks to the prop creators - Manny (golden snitch), Tim (pinball
flippers and chests), Joey (general design advisor and helping where
needed). Ms G - master mop dyer and flag seamstress. We still need to
sew, but Ms G is trying to figure out when and how. Let her know if you
can pitch in please.  She's looking a little tired these days.

Thanks to everyone who helps load the truck/move equipment - you are all
awesome!