[Hhsband] Happy new year and celebrations

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Tue Jan 2 20:32:55 MST 2018

Tomorrow starts the new semester at Highland.  I hope that all of you
had great holidays.

Thanks to all who helped with food at the winter concert.  I believe we
had over $600 in sales!

We also have received the preliminary tally for our day at Barnes and
Noble.  First - last year we spent 3 days at B&N and raised $3847.  This
year we spent 8 hours there on the Tuesday before Christmas.  Our
students (and Ms G) entertained shoppers and we had parents who helped
bring equipment and students and they also manned the table to explain
to shoppers about the fundraiser. In 8 hours we raised $2400 (shoppers
helped us by identifying HHS Band on over $12000 in sales). Wow - let's
try to make this an annual Tuesday before Christmas event!!!!!  THANK
YOU to band directors, teachers, Highland alumni and just plain B&N
shoppers who made this a successful fundraiser.

Thanks to everyone who helps the band - moving equipment and students,
bringing chairs for folks to sit on, bringing students so that they can
perform, serving food to winter concert goers, selling tickets and
making and handing out "help the band" slips of paper.  There was
decorating the cafeteria, supplying pictures of the band, organizing and
coordinating with B&N. Without all of you we'd really be struggling.
THANK YOU ALL - you make my job very easy.

Ms G - you are a wonder and such an asset to Highland Band, you are the
heart of fire that lights the band's way.

Mary Scofield

Band Booster President