[Hhsband] End of Semester Updates

Gonzales, Josephine josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Mon Nov 26 12:14:03 MST 2018

Hope everyone had a wonderfully relaxing Thanksgiving weekend!

First, there are still a number of people who ordered show shirts who have not picked them up. Please come pick up your ordered shirts in the band room before the end of the semester. Starting next semester they will become available for purchase to the rest of the band so they don't go to waste. Thank you!

The semester is rapidly coming to a close and we have a few events coming up for which to be aware.

- Tuesday, 11/27 Uptown Jazz Festival for jazz band 6:00pm @ Eldorado PAC. Students need to report at 5:45 pm in jazz band uniform. We perform 4th after AHS, EHS, and MHS

- Wednesday 11/28 Booster Meeting 6:00pm @ band room. We will talk about Twinkle Light Parade and Holiday Concert needs.

-Saturday 12/1 Twinkle Light Parade food at 3:45pm in band room. Dress warm in layers in clothes that are comfortable to march in. We will have lights if anyone needs them and bring your holiday cheer! Parade starts at 5:15 and we will be back at the band room when the parade is over. We will need drivers to help us carpool students back to the band room afterwards. More info out on that after booster meeting.

-Thursday 12/6 Holiday Concert at 5:40pm @ Highland Cafeteria. Concert band, jazz band, and steel band perform along with middle school feeders. Students please bring a side/dessert/drink.

This semester has been great; let's finish strong! Go Hornets!

Josephine Gonzales
Director of Bands<http://highlandhighband.wordpress.com/>, Highland High School
(505) 400-4399
District VII High School Band VP
HHS Fine Arts Department Chair
New Mexico Music Educators Association, member