[Hhsband] MPA Updates

Gonzales, Josephine josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:18:30 MST 2019

Hello,

I hope all of you enjoyed our exciting snow yesterday!

First, congratulations to our Jazz Band for receiving straight superior ratings at the ABQ/UNM Jazz Fest last week. We are extremely proud of their performance!

We have a booster meeting tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm in the band room to work out the final details for our Music Performance Assessment event coming up next week. All are welcome to come!

Our MPA Performance is coming up on Tuesday, February 26th. The bus will be leaving Highland at 2pm so students will need to bring their uniforms to school with them on that day. Additionally, I need permission slips from every student in order to take them on the bus (these were passed out last week).

We perform at 6pm at the Valley PAC. Please come and support our students! If you make it to the performance, I invite you to follow us into our sight-reading directly following. It's a great opportunity for you to see a snippet of what we do in class every day. The boosters will provide dinner for our students following the performance and we should be back to Highland around 7:30pm ish.

Go Hornets!

Josephine Gonzales
Director of Bands<http://highlandhighband.wordpress.com/>, Highland High School
(505) 400-4399
District VII High School Band VP
HHS Fine Arts Department Chair
New Mexico Music Educators Association, member