[Hhsband] Marching Band Updates

Josephine Gonzales josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Fri Jul 3 12:17:46 MDT 2020

Happy 4th of July Weekend!

As always, I hope this email finds you well.

We had a video meeting this morning with students and parents to cover some
updates about marching band and school in the fall.

-APS has decided to cancel marching band camp for all schools for this
summer (see attached memo)
-Other districts across the state as well as organizations in other states
are making similar calls of cancellation. Prioritizing health and safety is
paramount.
-There are currently district and state task-forces working hard on finding
the best and safest way for our students to begin band classes in the fall
-As for now, marching band as an activity is not canceled; just band camp
-The current PED guidelines state that schools can start in the hybrid
model in August (50% in-person and 50% online learning). This may change
over the next few weeks as infection rates continue to change.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions. There are
still so many unknowns but I can always do my best to provide you with the
best information currently available.

Thank you for your continued support and flexibility during these crazy
times. We are still dedicated to having a vibrant and successful year; our
creativity and positive attitudes will carry us through. Go Hornets!
--
Josephine Gonzales
Director of Bands <http://highlandhighband.wordpress.com/>, Highland High