[Neighbors] Morningside Park

Nancy Koenigsberg via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 22 10:41:26 MST 2016

Given that the park is relatively small, it may not be possible to put a dog park in there and protect the play area is protected and also keep a space for the farmer’s market.

Nancy Koenigsberg
From: Neighbors_nobhill-nm [mailto:neighbors_nobhill-nm-bounces at mailman.swcp.com] On Behalf Of Jack Hinton via Neighbors_nobhill-nm
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 4:45 PM
To: Susan Michie
Cc: Nob Hill
Subject: Re: [Neighbors] Morningside Park

Susan,

I think it would be great to have a dog park in Nob Hill.  That sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Jack Hinton

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 21, 2016, at 4:21 PM, Susan Michie via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com<mailto:neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com>> wrote:
Hello Neighbors,
As many of you already know, Morningside Park in Upper Nob Hill has on-going issues with unwanted activity in the park on a daily basis.  At our public safety meeting in January, several nearby residents once again spoke up about illegal drug activity, public intoxication, and overnight “camping” in this park.
One suggestion to change the “culture of use” for the park would be to include a fenced “dog park” area.  I would like to get feedback from the neighborhood as to whether or not you feel this is a viable option for this particular park.
Thank you,
Susan Michie
6th District Member
Metro Parks and Rec Advisory Board