[Neighbors] ART (Sally Beers via Neighbors_nobhill-nm)

Sandiasafe--- via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 22 13:33:08 MST 2016

Bob,

Great letter.   Behind you 100%

Leilani McGranahan
Leilani  McGranahan
Secretary/Treasurer
Facility Security Officer
Sandia Safe  & Lock, Inc.
4318 Silver Ave SE
Albuquerque  NM   87108
(505) 266-5577  ph
(505) 250-7663 cell

In a message dated 2/22/2016 1:25:49 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com writes:

I sent  this to the Journal too about all the letters they ran in favor of
ART…..  Bob

Dear Journal editor:
As another long time Nob Hill  resident I must say this proposal is going
to destroy our and other  communities and not create anything but more low
wage jobs, if any at  all.

We do need more mass transit but  this is not a good solution unless you
are a contractor looking for a quick  buck.  I would rather that this money be
spent on low income housing,  north/south bus lines, subsidizing jobs for
the poor, helping our schools  among a list of other more pressing problems.
Heck, Nob Hill does not  even have a community center but it has lots of
bars.

In case the mayor has not  noticed the businesses along Central have been
closing for a long time now due  to the fact that people don't have the
luxury spending money in their pockets  to spend in Nob Hill bars and shops.  It
is not because they don't have a  bus to get there on.  Raising the wages of
low-end workers in the city  would do more to help businesses than anything
right now.

Throwing $100 million into this  problem is going to solve nothing but make
the Nob Hill and other communities  near by area more unlivable as more and
more traffic will be shifted to the  horrible Coal and Lead corridors.

Lead and Coal cut like a knife  through long stable communities and the
increased traffic planned for them  will just drive more people out and
properties will be turned in to rentals by  "investors", who are behind much of
this project it seems. This is already  happing.  The noise and racing problems
and intersection crashes on  Lead/Coal are now causing home owners to put
up walls on the street sides,  making the area more of a canyon than a nice
livable  neighborhood.

Intensifying the traffic on Lead  and Coal, one of the stated goals of the
project will bleed this area of many  stable long-term homeowners.  What the
ART will do is make the platinum  condo duelers who jump from brewery to
brewery along Central happier.   This seems to be the class divide behind this
project as it is planned.

Plus, the thousands of trees  that we have planted along Central over the
decades to make some shade in this  hot city will be cut down too.  This plan
makes no sense at all and  should be stopped now in its tracks before more
destruction is done to our  communities.  We need more rapid transit but not
this project.

Bob  Anderson
=

Neighbors_nobhill-nm  mailing  list