[Neighbors] ART (Sally Beers via Neighbors_nobhill-nm)

Anderson Robert via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 22 14:40:54 MST 2016

Another and big issue not being addressed is how will the city make up the value loss to homeowners along the Lead and Coal corridor?  Even homes far back from Lead/Coal are impacted by all the vehicle noise and feeder traffic now.  As the bottle neck is created on Central we over here will see a loss of home value as the traffic increases and families move out.

It is so bad now that we can’t hear ourselves in the house at times due to the drag racing and loud vehicles on Coal.

The sidewalks on the north/south streets in this area are old and broken and families with kids, people walking dogs or baby strollers, jogging or the elderly out for exercise have to walk in the streets.  So when they come to the intersections of major busy Coal/Lead at rush hours it is going to be worse than now for crossing.   Moving the traffic off Central onto Lead and Coal will also increase the vehicle traffic (and car thefts and home robberies) on the north/south streets that cross Lead/Coal which is where a large number of stable family homes exist.

It is hard enough now to find families that want to live near the two big highways cutting through their communities and ART will just make it worse which will result in a big loss in property values.  Is it worth destroying the community fabric for a few supposed jobs on Central.  I don’t think so.

The Mayor’s team has said that Lead and Coal are under utilized, not carrying the capacity they could carry in terms of numbers of vehicles.  This is just tech code for destroying our long established communities that are having hard enough time now.

Bob