[Neighbors] the ART project and the Lead-Coal corridor

Katya Adams via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Feb 28 18:00:30 MST 2016

Councilman Davis:

My name is Katya Adams and I am a home owner at 303 Richmond Dr. SE, which is the middle of the Lead-Coal corridor.

Yes, I am very much concerned  about how the ART project will affect the traffic on Lead and Coal. Since the city finished the renovation of Lead & Coal, the maintenance of the corridor has been minimal. On the Lead pass between Carlisle and Girard where the traffic moves downhill and cars pick up speed, we have lost almost a dozen trees due to accidents just in the last couple of years. I have been in communication with the city for the last year, and in spite of the promises I have yet to see one tree replanted. The curbs have been damaged and destroyed in some places and the decorative intersection concrete lights knocked down (some of them are still lying around on the sidewalks without even being hauled away, forget repaired or replaced). If that is the case now, what will Lead and Coal turn into if more traffic is diverted to these streets?

Several years ago we frequently had police cars parked on side streets monitoring the speed of the vehicles; I have not seen a single police car doing this in the last couple of years.

When Nob Hill hosts the Summer Fest or the Twinkle Light Parade, the traffic is so heavy that it is hardly possible to cross either of the streets. Is that what we will have to expect when the traffic on Central is reduced to one lane? We ARE a residential neighborhood!

I walk the neighborhood on a daily basis and it hurts me to see how littered Central and the first residential block on each side of it have been in the last couple of years. There are broken bottles and cans all over the place. What maintenance are we talking about if so far there has been none? I am talking about ONGOING maintenance. Does the city have a plan for that?

I hate to be so cynical, but my communication with the city has been greatly dissatisfying and because I do not see consistent maintenance of the neighborhood, I am deeply skeptical that it will be in place after the project has been completed.

Sincerely,

Katya Adams

303 Richmond Dr. SE