[Neighbors] School Bond Election Feb. 2

Katya Adams via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jan 4 20:06:44 MST 2016

Dear neighbors:

As a resident of Nob Hill and a public school teacher, I would like to remind you why voting in the February 2 School Bond Election is critical for our neighborhood. Several of the schools in the neighborhood would benefit directly from the passing of the bonds. Some other schools listed are not in our immediate neighborhood, but many of the students residing in Nob Hill attend the schools included on the list.

Projects to be designed with election passage:

Monte Vista Elementary School - $1,450,000 for the design of classrooms: 4 kindergarten classrooms, 4 general classrooms, 1 art/music classroom and storage.

Projects to be constructed 2016 with election passage:

Albuquerque High School - $12,003,216 for new commons, rebuilt kitchen/cafeteria, ancillary spaces and music/dance/art classrooms. Highland High School - $15,550,000 for rebuilding and renovation of existing gym facilities and addition for Title IX. Career Enrichment Center - $2, 900,000 for the renovation of the existing old main building.  The passing of the school bonds does not raise taxes and creates jobs in the local economy.  Tomorrow, January 5th, is the last day to register to vote. January 13th - early voting begins. Some nearby early voting locations:  APS City Center  APS Lincoln Complex 915 Locust St. SE, 87106 CNM Main Campus 1401 Basehart Rd. SE, 87106 The closest voting site on February 2nd is the CNM Main Campus. The school bond election matters for the students in our community. Vote and encourage your friends and family to vote. Sincerely, Katya Adams303 Richmond SE