[Neighbors] The AMA calls for enabling research into gun violence

James Hands via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jun 15 10:38:51 MDT 2016

He's probably "bothering" Pat Davis with this because of Pat Davis's last
newsletter:

*Last month, I was invited to the White House to explore options for
addressing gun violence that don’t require us to wait on Congress or the
State Legislature to act. Before I could even get home and start working on
this issue, another mass shooting hit home. Albuquerque’s outpouring of
support for victims and survivors in Orlando reminded me why I love our
city.  Then, last night, while I was chairing a council committee meeting,
another incident disrupted our lives and brought the issues of gun violence
home, again. Quite frankly, I’m tired of this. And I’m tired of hopes and
prayers and I’m ready for action.*

Thanks,
James Hands