[Neighbors] The AMA calls for enabling research into gun violence

Susan Michie via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Jun 16 15:28:30 MDT 2016

Approximately 30,000 people die in fatal car crashes every year too. Down from 50,000 in the 70s-80s. We have somehow managed a ton of research that has helped us figure out how to make owning and operating a car safer without limiting how many cars a responsible, law abiding citizen can own and drive.

Why can't we do that with guns? Why is it that every time someone mentions gun control or reducing gun violence, someone else assumes that their right to own a gun will be taken away? It just doesn't make good sense.

Susan