[Neighbors] Morningside Park Lighting

Susan Michie-Maitlen via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Mar 5 09:22:18 MST 2016

I mentioned this issue at the Parks and Rec board meeting last Tuesday. They said they would look into it, but it is always a good idea for more than one person to contact the city about an issue. They did say that if nearby residents complain about the lights shining into their homes, that can be the reason the lights were turned off. Another comment at the meeting was that having lights on at night can send a message to the public that it is OK to use the park at night after hours. In any case, we can see if having the lights on makes a difference.

Also, Parks and Rec management has started a park security pilot program this month - meaning they have hired two security patrols to watch the parks with the most complaints from 10:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. If it works they will extend the program in the future.

Susan

      From: ronhalbgewachs <ronhalbgewachs at peoplepc.com>
 To: Dixon Dave - NHNA <ddixon at swcp.com>; Susan Michie-Maitlen <sgm150 at ymail.com>; Nelson Spencer <spencer at swcp.com>
Cc: NobHill Neighbors <neighbors at nobhill-nm.com>; Ron Halbgewachs <ronhalbgewachs at peoplepc.com>
 Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 9:40 PM
 Subject: Morningside Park Lighting

<!--#yiv9904869546 DIV {margin:0px;}-->At our last Nob Hill Neighborhood Association Crime Prevention meeting, several people expressed their concerns about the group of people that sleep in the park.  One of the issues with Morningside Park is that the lights in the park never came on at night.  A perfect location for night-time sleepers and people using the park for various activities. I don't know if anyone else called CABQ about this problem, but I did call and drove by the park tonight.  Lights in the park are on! Ron HalbgewachsPresident, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association