[Neighbors] Age Friendly Outreach is on for Thursday night

Gary Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Mar 9 10:36:05 MST 2016

Nob Hill: An Age Friendly Community

Who and What: As part of its regular outreach the Nob Hill Neighborhood
Association has invited neighbor Melinda Rand, a 30 year resident of Nob
Hill, to speak about her PhD work in "Supporting the Co-Creation of
Community as We Age".  Her dissertation thesis focuses on community
conversations exploring ways in which Nob Hill residents, businesses and
spiritual communities can join together to proactively support community
connection.

Why: Melinda has been requested by the City of Albuquerque, Dept. of Senior
Affairs, to engage the community in ongoing conversations. The goal of these
interactive gatherings is for Nob Hill to become a model intergenerational
neighborhood for the city.  Nob Hill is already a community hub, so the
purpose is to recognize what we are presently doing, what more we can
creatively do to enhance community connection and how Nob Hill can become a
model for other neighborhoods to follow.

All are invited to this initial meeting to become familiar with the
intentions of the conversations and the conversation model.  Melinda plans
to organize and lead ongoing monthly meetings, inviting the neighborhood to
join together, sharing their visions and ideas for Nob Hill.  Please join us
for this introductory gathering.  This is a great opportunity for all voices
in Nob Hill to come together in creating a long term vision for our
community.

Contact:  For further information or questions contact Melinda Rand at:

 <mailto:melindarand at gmail.com> melindarand at gmail.com

We look forward to your participation!

When: Thursday, March 10, 2016.6 pm

Where: Monte Vista Christian Church, 3501 Campus Blvd NE

6 pm            Enjoy snacks, meet your neighbors

6:30 pm      Community Discussion

7:45 pm       Adjourn to informal discussion