[Neighbors] Art project

sandiasafe via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat May 28 11:07:04 MDT 2016

Thought we had an injunction.   This needs to be stopped.  A huge waste of money and resources.
Bradbury Stamm Construction has been retained as the Construction Manager at Risk for this Project and Competitive Proposals are being solicited from Trade Contractors/Suppliers for the construction of the ABQRide Central Avenue Albuquerque Rapid Transit (ART) | COA Project Number 63199.   We request your proposal for Corridor Construction Bid Package – Segment 2 & Reach 2D for the ABQRide Central Avenue ART Project.  Please review this package in its entirety and complete all information requested.    Documents including Plans, Specifications, and the bidding packages are available by emailing your interest to bid to ARTproject at bradburystamm.com.  They may also be obtained via Dodge Reports and Construction Reporter.  Project DescriptionThe major design and operational features of the corridor construction include:Construction of two dedicated rapid vehicle (bus) lanes within the existing operational right - of - way of Central Avenue from Coors Boulevard east to Louisiana Boulevard (approximately 8.75 miles). In general, the rapid vehicle lanes will occupy the existing median of the street and will include one westbound lane and one eastbound lane. This concept will be used in all locations except as follows:From San Pasquale Avenue to 10 th Street (0.75 miles), the rapid vehicles will operate in a single reversible lane with the rapid vehicle operating in the off - peak direction traveling in mixed flow traffic lanes.In the Albuquerque Downtown area, the rapid vehicles will operate in mixed flow traffic on Copper Avenue (westbound from 1 st Street to 10 th Street), Gold Avenue (eastbound from 8 th Street to 1 st Street), and Central Avenue from Broadway Boulevard to 1 st Street. No major reconstruction to the streets will occur in this area.Rapid vehicles will operate in the inside traffic lane in mixed flow from 98 th Street to Coors Boulevard, and from Louisiana Boulevard to Tramway Boulevard. Queue jumps will be provided at signalized intersections in these segments.Construction of stations within the roadway median and/or street curbside. Stations will typically consist of concrete platforms approximately 65 feet long and 10 to 14 feet wide. The platforms will be elevated 6 to 14 inches above the pavement to allow for level boarding from the ART station to the rapid vehicle. In addition to the platform, stations will include a ticket vending machine and an overhead canopy to shield passengers from sun and precipitation. Other passenger amenities such as benches, an information kiosk, trash receptacles, and security lighting may also be provided. (NOTE: STATIONS WILL BE BID IN A SEPARATE BID PACKAGE                                                                                                                               Corridor construction is organized into to five (5) Segments with shorter lengths of areas of work named “Reaches” within the Segments.  See the ART Project Segment & Reach Map 5-24-16.pdf for details regarding Segment & Reach lengths. A list of the Segments & Reaches is listed below.  Also, see Scope of Work section of this document. Subcontractors are encouraged to bid all segments, but is not required. An Intent to Bid Form was transmitted along with this package. Please complete this form and return as soon as possible to: ARTProject at bradburystamm.com   The form is not mandatory to submit a bid.  SegmentSegment DistanceSegment ReachesSegment 1Coors Blvd. to Artrisco Dr. 1A – Coors Blvd. to Yucca Dr. 1B – Yucca Dr. to 47th Street1C – 47th Street to ArtriscoSegment 2Artisco Dr. to 10th Street2A – Artrisco Dr. to Tingley Dr. 2B – Tingley Dr. to New York Ave. 2C – New York Ave. to Clayton St. 2D* - Clayton St. to Rancho Seco Rd. (*Engineer on this reach only is Molzen Corbin) 2E – Rancho Seco Rd. to 14th St. 2F – 14th St. to 10th St. Segment 310th St. to I-253A – 10th St. to 1st St. on Copper3B – 10th St. to 1st St. on Gold 3C – 1st St. to Broadway Blvd. 3D – Broadway Blvd. to Edith3E – Edith Blvd. to Locust St. Segment 4I-25 to Monroe4A – Oak St. to Cedar St. 4B – Cedar St. to University Blvd.4C – University Blvd. to Stanford Blvd. 4D – Stanford Blvd. to Girard Blvd. 4E – Girard Blvd. to Carlisle Blvd. 4F – Carlisle Blvd. to Morningside Dr.4G – Morningside Dr. to Washington St. 4H – Washington St. to Monroe St. Segment 5Monroe to Louisiana5A – Monroe St. to San Mateo Blvd. 5B – San Mateo Blvd. to Alvarado Dr. 5C – Alvarado Dr. to San Pedro Dr. 5D – San Pedro Dr. to Louisiana Blvd.