[Neighbors] The Yarn Store's 6th Anniversary Party and 1st Annual Fiber Arts Demo Day!

Tandi Hufnagel via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Oct 28 15:32:28 MDT 2016

Hello Neighbors,

As business owners and neighborhood residents, we'd like to invite you to
our party celebrating *6 years of business in Nob Hill*!  We are so
grateful to the continued support of the local neighborhood and hope to
make it another 6 years!

Our party is at the The Yarn Store on *Saturday Oct 29th from 10am-5pm*.
Please feel free to stop by, whether you're a customer or not.  All are
welcome!  There will also be a Yarn Swap in front of the store, where
anyone can bring stash to swap/sell/trade/give away.  No charge just bring
a table for your stuff.

In addition, we are sponsoring the first annual "*Abq Fiber Arts Demo Day*"
which will be held simultaneously on Saturday at Immanuel Presbyterian
Church on Carlisle.  This is an opportunity to meet all the local fiber
arts guilds, see what they offer, and try out many fiber arts.  Hands-on
demonstrations will include:

   - Spinning (wheel and drop spindle)
   - Weaving (several types)
   - Knitting
   - Crochet
   - Embroidery (several types)
   - Lace
   - Doll Making
   - Rug Hooking
   - Beading

We'll also have folks from local farms who will show how animals are
raised, and fleeces gathered and processed into usable fiber.  There will
be representatives from the Abq Fiber Arts Council, and the Espanola Valley
Fiber Arts Council.  This is a fun, free event and we especially welcome
families, kids and students!  The Abq Fiber Arts Demo Day will be in the
large ground floor hall with entrance off of Carlisle, from 10am-4pm.

Hope to see you and thanks for being our neighbors!