[Neighbors] auto noise emissions

Anderson Robert via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Sep 7 21:37:21 MDT 2016

Sherry, others,

I have seen small size trucks on Coal with diesel engines smoother small cars by doing something that just covers them with soot and black smoke.  We wind up breathing this filthy air in our homes.

Several others have responded to me off the list about how bad the noise problem is and they would like to see the city do something.  Noise and smoking vehicles is a city wide problem but really noticeable in the older, more dense areas like Nob Hill and University Heights.

As Juan points out the city Enviro department has a smoking vehicles program that could pass along the tag numbers of noise emission violators to the EPA for fines.  I have asked if they do this and gotten no response.  Some I think see this as part of the Rt 66 wild west culture.  I wonder how the millennials see it?  It is sure driving away many good folks I suspect.  It just feeds the criminal element allowing them to get away with this noise and smoke assaults against civil society.

I report a lot of vehicles for smoke and illegal noise exhaust emissions.  The web site is http://www.cabq.gov/environmentalhealth/emissions-testing/report-smoking-vehicle.  Or just send an email to Vehicle Pollution Management <vpm at cabq.gov> with the tag number and your name.

Maybe someone can get out councilman to do something.

Bob

I decided to take it as a badge of honor when a giant gas-guzzling truck blew coal at me in my Prius!