[Neighbors] Nob Hill Liquor License Ordinance Amendment

fgreen38 via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Sep 30 14:07:30 MDT 2016

I feel, no matter one's opinion, the purpose of the NHNA communications is to present your thoughts on the subject being discussed, not attack the person.  This type of dialogue discourages others from sharing their opinions; I've been there.  Try to stick with the subject.
Living blocks from the proposed new liquor establishment,  I don't want to see it happen. I can do fine with wine and beer and ABQ and NM has plenty of places, with good food,  that draw crowds. More DUIs isn't needed.

 I oppose the change and have let my Councilman as well as the NHNA Board know this.
K. Green

John,

Thanks for your input on this subject. Ms. Michie has a history of irrational opposition to our adult neighbors having greater access to alcohol beverages. She opposed the expansion of the Walgreens liquor department last year. I went in there last night, the place was great, with a wide offering of products for our community that includes New Mexico produced craft beers. I witness none of the hypothetical, inevitable ill effects.

Successful restaurants appear to need a liquor license in this Albuquerque environment. Opposition that always forecasts doom and gloom should not be treated equally with positions based on hard facts and sound reasoning. I will support the La Provence endeavor with a call to my city councilor.

Juan