[Neighbors] Early morning crime

lrtrdh--- via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Apr 1 09:34:24 MDT 2017

The morning of March 31, we found it necessary to call APD to remove a man
from our car. After obviously,  rummaging through our car (in our driveway)
and packing up what few things of value that were in the car into his
backpack,  he apparently passed out. Not sure if it would be safe to arouse
him ourselves, we let 2 very helpful officers remove him and his bicycle
from our property. We do have security cameras and were able to pull up
video of him riding up the street on his bike at 2:15 am and checking the
doors of our other car parked on the street in front of our house. That car
was locked.  Unfortunately, we failed to lock the one in the drive, but  at
least no one was hurt,  nothing was broken into or stolen,  and he has been
arrested and charges filed (for what that's worth). We love this
neighborhood and for the most part feel very safe, but crime is everywhere.
Thank you to the officers that helped us,  they were prompt and
professional.  Please remember to LOCK your doors and check them again!
 Lisa and Kurt
3433 Purdue Place