[Neighbors] Just in: Nob Hill sidewalks, Green parking permits coming back and new Property Crime team coming to help

kingkb via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Apr 15 15:56:29 MDT 2017

Hello Councilor Davis,

First, I want to says "Thanks" for the
updates.

It's good to know that trees are still planned for our
area, and details are being worked out.

What I am hoping is that large
grates to go around the trees, to allow moisture and air to reach the
roots, are also a part of the plan.

While walking on Central the other
day, I saw a grate that was maybe 2 feet in diameter around the base of
a tree -- and that tree was looking sickly.

We have more information
now than we may have had then. Let's work to get it right, and have
healthy trees on Central.

Hope to hear back, and thanks again for your
work on our behalf,

Karen King

On Apr 7 2017 11:40 AM, City
Councilor Pat Davis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm wrote:

> OFFICE OF CITY
COUNCILOR PAT DAVIS
> Nob Hill | Highland |UNM | International District
| SE Heights | Mesa del Sol
>
> Putting Central Ave Back Together
Better Than Ever

> As you've probably seen in the news, many of
our Nob Hill merchants and neighborhood leaders were frustrated to learn
that final ART plans for Nob Hill included wider sidewalks and
landscaping improvements for some blocks, but not all. I believe that
every business who suffers through construction should share in the
improvements, but everyone agreed that no one wanted to extend
construction into the holiday shopping season to make that happen.

A few weeks ago, I introduced a bill to WIDEN SIDEWALKS, BRING BACK
MID-BLOCK CROSSINGS taken out (including the ones at Amherst between the
new Empire Board Game Library and Mariposa) AND FUND THE INTERNATIONAL
DISTRICT STATION promised to those residents in community meetings.

> After initially opposing the sidewalk plan, the Mayor's office
agreed to a new plan setting funds aside to work with merchants after
major construction ends to evaluate sidewalks block-by-block and funding
the new station and bringing back the crosswalks. I'm set aside
$500,000 in local street funds to guarantee our businesses they'll
have resources for that work and the Mayor added $600,000 to fund the
new International District station in the compromise.

> The final
bill will be before Council on Monday.

> Thank you to the businesses
and neighborhood leaders who asked for help and who worked with us to be
sure everyone benefits from this project when it is done!

> Read
More:

> *
>
> First step in Nob Hill sidewalk deal approved | KRQE
News 13 [2]

> -------------------------
>
> COUNCIL NEWS
>
> DAVIS
INTRODUCES BILL TO BRING BACK GREEN PARKING PERMITS

> Last year, the
city ended it's green parking permit program. Originally meant to
encourage green vehicles like a Prius, vehicle emissions standards had
improved enough that some new Chevy Tahoes qualified under rules that
hadn't been updated in more than a decade.

> SO INSTEAD OF
LETTING THE PROGRAM END, I ASKED OUR STAFF TO WRITE A NEW GREEN VEHICLE
PERMIT ORDINANCE UPDATING THE STANDARDS TO INCENTIVIZE TODAY'S
GREENEST CARS. MY NEW ORDINANCE PASSED OUR FINANCE COMMITTEE LAST WEEK
AND WILL BE HEARD AT THE COUNCIL LATER THIS MONTH.  Under our updated
rules, more than 90 different green vehicles qualify for a Green Parking
Permit (allowing free parking at a city meter for up to 2 hours a
day).

> Let me know what you think of bringing back this program and
see if your green vehicle qualifies under our improved Green Parking
Permit program here [3]. If your vehicle's "Greenhouse Gas Rating"
is 9 or more and your vehicle's combines rating is 17 or more, your
vehicle qualifies!

> -------------------------
>
> DAVIS, WINTER,
SANCHEZ AND MAYOR INTRODUCE NEW PROPERTY CRIME INVESTIGATORS

> This
week, I joined 13 of APD's newest employees at the APD Training
Academy to announce our new Property Crime Investigator Program.

Last year, Councilors Winter, Sanchez and I began working with the
Mayor's office to look for a way to tackle property crime in
neighborhoods.

> We took the initial proposal to contract out
investigative services short-term and turned it into a full-time program
deploying a total of 25 new investigators trained not just to take
reports, but to do the CSI and follow up investigations necessary to
solve property crimes quickly.

> The first class of investigators
started at the academy this week and we'll see them on the street
next month.

> This new program is part of $7 million new dollars
earmarked for APD programs in the city's budget, including:

> *
Fully funding 980 police officers (we have just over 800 now)
> * Fully
funding police academy training for 96 new officers next year
> * Almost
$1 million to test our rape kit backlog and hire new staff to fund my
initiative to test every new kit within 90 days
> * New officer-worn
cameras for every officer

> Read more
>
> *
>
> APD technician
training program begins [4]|ABQ Journal
> *
>
> ABQ councilor seeking
police reforms has an insider's perspective [5] | ABQ Journal

-------------------------

> ASK THE COUNCILOR:
>
> WHAT ABOUT ART
FUNDING?

> I've gotten a lot of questions about ART funding since
President Trump released the outline of his proposed budget reducing
funding for Small Starts grants funding projects like ART.

> Here
are the facts: Albuquerque will finish ART construction and we are
paying for it with existing federal transportation dollars. The Small
Starts grant is set up to _reimburse_ us for those costs. Even if that
grant is never funded, we aren't on the hook for unpaid construction
costs. Unfortunately, it could mean we wouldn't receive
reimbursement that we could put towards future street projects.

But as we've seen in recent weeks, the president's proposals is
far from a done deal in Congress.

> I recently traveled to
Washington, DC to meet with hundreds of mayors, city councilors and new
Trump officials to talk about needs for cities. We're standing
united to protect funding for housing, health care and transportation
and our Congressional delegation is with us.

> I'VE HEARD LOANS
FOR CENTRAL AVE BUSINESSES ARE DELAYED. IS THAT TRUE?

> Yes. But my
office teamed up with other councilors and businesses to get it going.
After businesses who had applied asked why they couldn't get a loan,
I started asking why the Mayor's office had not completed the
program.

> *
>
> COUNCILOR: CITY OFFICIALS OWE BUSINESS OWNERS AN
EXPLANATION ... - KOAT.COM [6]

> You might have seen me and other
councilors on the news calling for the administration to step up their
efforts to fund the loan fund for Central Avenue businesses.

> After
weeks of work, on Monday we passed a bill freeing up funds for
businesses in redevelopment areas along Central and that opened up
existing funds for businesses in Nob Hill, UNM and EDO areas.

> If
your business is waiting, or if you want information on loans available
to support ART businesses, contact Vanessa Roanhorse at the Small
Business Resource Collaborative:

> _The Small Business Resource
Collaborative (SBRC) is an alliance of Albuquerque's leading nonprofit
small business development organizations, local business advocates,
business consultants and small business owners. The purpose of the SBRC
is to prepare independently-owned businesses who rely on walk-in traffic
along the Central Avenue Corridor (Coors Blvd. to Louisiana Blvd.) for
the Bus Rapid Transit construction. _

> _We are comprised of
consultants with over 20 years experience working with businesses
throughout Albuquerque._

> _Our team provides customized
on-the-ground support for business owners who don't have time to attend
trainings and events. We bring the resources to you! Contact us today to
set up an appointment with one of us at www.sbrcabq.com [7]._

-------------------------
> NEED HELP FROM CITY HALL?
>
> Contact our
office at 768-3152 or call 3-1-1

> -- Pat
>
> This email was paid
for by Pat Davis and not sent at taxpayer expense.
> This email was
sent to neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com. To stop receiving emails,
click here [8].

> Created with NationBuilder [9], software for
leaders.

Neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com

[1]

Links:
------
[1]
http://mailman.swcp.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/neighbors_nobhill-nm
[2]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkrqe.com%2F2017%2F04%2F03%2Fcity-councilors-to-decide-on-proposal-for-wider-nob-hill-sidewalks%2F&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=1
[3]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.driveclean.ca.gov%2FSearch_and_Explore%2FMake_Model_Search.php&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=2
[4]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abqjournal.com%2F983500%2Fapd-technician-training-program-begins.html&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=3
[5]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D2%26ved%3D0ahUKEwjB-P_h-pDTAhWM0YMKHQ5HAJ4QFgggMAE%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.abqjournal.com%252F943318%252Fdavis-has-insiders-perspective-on-reforms.html%26usg%3DAFQjCNHX2ixUA-2i2eWPULRax6e0KAUF7w%26sig2%3DHHey9VZloQzhWvbTNZbAdA%26bvm%3Dbv.152174688%2Cd.amc&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=4
[6]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.koat.com%2Farticle%2Fcouncilor-city-officials-owe-business-owners-an-explaination%2F9155446&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=5
[7]
http://www.patforabq.com/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbrcabq.com%2F&e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=6
[8]
http://www.patforabq.com/unsubscribe?e=74a6726b4548b7aa6db8b941279ced95&utm_source=patrickdavis&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=april_7&n=7