[Neighbors] Update on Campaign Against Alcohol Sales at Lomas and Washington

Robert L Anderson via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Apr 19 20:47:48 MDT 2017

I received this update from Victor on the zoning meeting Monday about the liquor sales.
Apparently there were a lot of community people there who spoke against it and the 7-11 representative decided to not push it further.
Bob

From: Learners Chess <learnerschess at gmail.com>
Subject: Update on Campaign Against Alcohol Sales at Lomas and Washington
Date: April 19, 2017 at 2:18:34 PM MDT
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Hello Everyone.

Thank you to all who made it out yesterday morning! We had a great turn out and very very strong presenters with very solid evidence.

Unfortunately, Mr. Skarsgard, the 7 Eleven representative, decided to ask for another deferral, presumably at the last minute because we were only notified once our agenda item came up.

Our zoning hearing examiner allowed us all to present our evidence and he will allow Mr. Skarsgard to present his case next month. We can show up to that hearing and be ready to refute whatever points Mr. Skarsgard attempts to make.
Also, we have this next month to keep submitting evidence and letters of opposition. This case will very likely be appealed so the more evidence that is submitted the better, as it'll be what we work with in the appeals process.

I will update our communityagainstinjury.com <http://communityagainstinjury.com/> website so that folks can keep stating their opposition and submitting evidence through that.

I will let you all know when a date and time is set for the meeting in May.

Victor

​Victor Francisco Lopez

Founder and Executive Director
Learners Chess Academy

Save a tree: please don't print this e-mail unless you must