[Neighbors] Brawl in Nob Hill KOB News Story

Robert L Anderson via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Aug 2 11:44:55 MDT 2017

Thnking

On Aug 1, 2017, at 11:16 PM, Robert L Anderson <citizen at comcast.net> wrote:

Talk about brawl and shootings, I live just up the street on Richmond from Imbibe at Coal and tonight about 9:30 as I was cleaning the battery terminals in my wife’s car out front a car drove in the direction of Imbibe and fired a gun three times before they got to Lead Ave.  I tried to see them but it was too dark.  Richmond as our neighbors are saying with all the changes has become a major through fare now for all kinds of speeding and access to Central.  For the second time in two months too someone has driven up to the curb in front of our house and dumped about 5 gallons of cooking grease or oil of some kind.

I think Richmond needs to be blocked off at either Lead or Coal like a dead end street.

Sincerely,
Bob Anderson

I also saw this on the KOB news report.  This is not the first brawl that has spilled out of Imbibe and onto Central.  Although I am sure the "quality" of customers is a major part of this problem, I also wonder about the servers limiting the number of drinks served to their customers.  I think everyone is lucky that no one pulled a gun and started shooting into the group.  Beginning to sound and look like the problems Nob Hill had a few years ago with the Club between Morningside and Washington.

Ron Halbgewachs
-----Original Message-----
From: Flora Silva
Sent: Aug 1, 2017 11:54 AM
To: "theboard at nobhill-nm.com <mailto:theboard at nobhill-nm.com>" , "patdavis at cabq.gov <mailto:patdavis at cabq.gov>" , "seanforan at cabq.gov <mailto:seanforan at cabq.gov>" , "sgmichie at yahoo.com <mailto:sgmichie at yahoo.com>" , Ronhalbgewachs , Jon Griego
Subject: Brawl in Nob Hill KOB News Story

96
Good Afternoon Everyone.  Last night KOB showed this video regarding a brawl in Nob Hill. Are we becoming the new Downtown for such events?  This is one of the major reasons I support limiting liquor license requests in the SE sector. APD has more than its' share of other calls to deal with; we don't need to add to the problem.
Flora

Brawl outside Nob Hill nightclub caught on camera <http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/brawl-imbibe-nightclub-nob-hill-albuquerque/4559840/>

Brawl outside Nob Hill nightclub caught on camera
 <http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/brawl-imbibe-nightclub-nob-hill-albuquerque/4559840/>

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/brawl-imbibe-nightclub-nob-hill-albuquerque/4559840/ <http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/brawl-imbibe-nightclub-nob-hill-albuquerque/4559840/>
Caleb James
July 31, 2017 10:11 PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- A night out erupted into a violent assault outside a popular Albuquerque nightlife hangout over the weekend.
A KOB viewer caught the violence on camera outside Imbibe in Nob Hill. The concern is heightened as students make their way back to the University of New Mexico campus for a new year.
As seen in the cell phone video, the fight spilled out of the lounge and picked up size and speed. It seemed to focus on one man surrounded by and beaten by an increasingly energized crowd. As onlookers screamed, others seemed to encourage the beating. Some even chanted for more.