[Neighbors] Copper/Aliso Development Exceeds 39 ft. Height Limit

Susan Beard via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Dec 5 09:47:55 MST 2017

I sent this email just before Thanksgiving. I stand by my belief that the ONLY way to preserve NOB HILL is to
apply for a HISTORIC DESIGNATION that will place strict limits on the height of multi-story development and
more importantly require that future construction conform to the architecture of the neighborhood. See below:

"I believe that the CORE issue is whether Nob Hill, like Old Town, should
be preserved as a historic "village" with it's distinct 1930's
architecture and density. Developers want to maximize their investment
dollar by building structure with as many living units per square foot
as possible.  Multi-story building will always be their preferred
choice.  I fear that 3-6 story buildings will swallow-up Nob Hill as we know it.  Nob
Hill, just like Old Town and the Santa Fe Plaza Area, should be
preserved as a historic treasure.

There are many areas along the ART line that need revitalization. Modern
high density apartments could advantage such areas. But a Nob Hill
location is an easy sell for developers.  They prefer to capitalize on
building in a  "trendy" location even if it will undermine and eventually
destroy the unique historic nature of that location.

Another issue is density and demographics. If too many apartments are
built, does Central and side streets get over-crowded. Art does NOT
provide transportation to the majority of places of employment in
Albuquerque. Cars will not disappear."

Susan Beard