[Neighbors] Building a coalition: Lead and Coal

Flora Silva via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Dec 8 19:08:53 MST 2017

Ben, thank you and the coalition for taking the initiative to help resolve the Lead/Coal traffic issues. I read the letter that you sent to Councilor Davis and as a 43 year resident in Nob Hill, living along Lead, all your points are very valid. As expected, there is more traffic, including the semi-trucks taking Lead & Coal. Construction crews (not affiliated with ART) and other delivery trucks will not have the patience nor the time to deal with Central Avenue.
Over the past several years the issue of making Lead/Coal two-way streets has been debated. I agree with Bob and am not in favor of making Lead/Coal two ways.
 One of the most important concerns has to do with providing emergency vehicles and first responders with a non-congested route for those very important calls. Air quality is definitely worse after ART. I have had to order more filters for my husband's oxygen equipment. When I change the old ones, the proof is there...they are black!
 Two way streets for Lead/Coal would be totally out of the plan for me based on worse air quality due to more backed up traffic congestion like Zuni as Bob stated. In addition, now that traffic has been diverted  through residential areas, I see more trash on our streets. Residents are stuck cleaning up after the drivers who have no respect or concern for this neighborhood or City. Whatever happened to the program, Keep Albuquerque Beautiful?
Again, thank you for your positive involvement in community affairs.
Flora Silva, Resident