[Neighbors] Carlisle Condo Construction and Central Public Access

Sam Bawcum via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 20 11:17:30 MST 2017

Good Morning,
I had brought my concerns to CABQ months ago, during construction and before the conflagration.  At that time, and now, the construction completely blocks access and use of the pedestrian sidewalk, and bus stop, along its Central frontline.  My initial concern was heightened when I witnessed a family of five, including one infant and two young children, trying to navigate the pedestrian way along Central, forced into the street and traffic lane as traffic barreled by with little concern.
At this time, my first question is "Why has not City Planning investigated this and had it corrected?".  Secondly, if City Planning has investigated this, how can they allow this to continue.  The contractor must provide protected access to the walkway, including overhead protection.  There is no excuse to not have this basic issue addressed.
Councilor Davis, please take a look at this and let us know what the current status is, including timelines to mitigate.
Thanks,
Sam Bawcum