[Neighbors] Concast Franchise Agreement

Sandiasafe--- via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Feb 22 16:46:21 MST 2017

Thank you Jim.   My sentiments exactly.

Leilani McGranahan
Leilani  McGranahan
Secretary/Treasurer
Facility Security Officer
Sandia Safe  & Lock, Inc.
4318 Silver Ave SE
Albuquerque  NM   87108
(505) 266-5577  ph
(505) 250-7663 cell

In a message dated 2/22/2017 4:29:22 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com writes:

Mayor  Berry:
It is my understanding that Comcast is in the process of  trying to renew
its franchise agreement with the City of Albuquerque.  I  have been a Comcast
customer for a number of years, simply because Comcast has  been the only
game in town.  Over those years I have seen Comcast's  services decline while
the monthly costs to consumers continue to increase to  the present level
of over $110 per month for basic service.  No HBO; no  sports packages; no
nothing.    As examples, during the past year  Comcast basic service  has
deleted channels 64 (TCM) and 47 (Spike) with  no reduction in fees charged to
its customers. Indeed, the monthly fee  continues to increase even with the
decreases in benefits.   Comcast  offers channels selling religion, sales of
jewelry, home shopping, and various  other foreign language channels which
may be of interest to some  subscribers.  I am not such a subscriber.  Such
channels are basic  garbage to me for which I do not want to pay.
In my opinion, Comcast  is simply ripping-off the cable TV consumers in
Albuquerque and has been doing  so for years. I hope the current process of
review of renewing the Comcast  franchise agreement with the City of
Albuquerque will address these issues.
Jim Beam

Neighbors_nobhill-nm  mailing  list
Neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com