[Neighbors] FW: Upcoming Public Safety Meeting - SE Corridor / District 6

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Jan 28 12:37:11 MST 2017

Nob Hill Friends, Your Nob Hill Neighborhood Association, with leadership from neighbor Dave Dixon, is actively trying to move the dial on crime and security in Nob Hill.

Leaders in District 6 (Pat Davis' District) have something going and we would like to join in.

If you think security in Nob Hill is eroding and you’d like to see progress, join this discussion on Thursday, Feb 9.

Let's demonstrate our concern by a big turnout and see if we can see some change.

¡Viva Nob Hill!

Gary Eyster, VP, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

From: melinda frame [mailto:melinda.frame at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 2:44 PM
To: melinda frame
Cc: Mancini, Sara; Baca, Vanessa; Foran, Sean M.
Subject: Upcoming Public Safety Meeting - SE Corridor / District 6

Please join us at a Southeast Corridor / District 6 Public Safety Meeting!

When: February 9, 6:00-8:00 pm

Where: Wilson Middle School – Library – 1138 Cardenas SE

The Agenda:

6:00-6:15 Introductions

6:15-7:00 Discussion Groups

7:00-7:30 Report out of ideas from different tables

7:30-8:00 Mingle

Sara Mancini & Vanessa Baca from Council Neighborhood Services / Office of Neighborhood Coordination will help facilitate the meeting. Sean Foran from Councilor Davis’ office, Laura Kuehn from APD's SE Substation (Crime Prevention/Crime Free Programs), Steve Sink with Neighborhood Watch and Andrew DeGarmo, Planner, will also be in attendance.

We will break into discussion groups where individuals can come together to create solutions and ideas for residents, businesses, APD as well as the City so we may address our concerns surrounding crime & safety in our communities.

Topics:

Table 1: Neighborhood Watch programs – how can you create and grow a neighborhood watch program for your block?

Table 2: Addressing home security & safety – what steps can you take to make your house safer?

Table 3: Addressing business security & safety – what steps can you take to make your business safer?

Table 4: Neighborhood multimodal security & safety – how can we improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists & bus passengers?

In our three meetings we've had thus far, the residents and business owners in attendance made their grievances heard. We received helpful information from City Council members, APD, and representatives from the Safe City Strike Force.

It is now time to get to work. Hope to see you there.

Flyer is attached - please feel free to spread the word!

Best,

Melinda Frame

Resident, Parkland Hills