[Neighbors] Albuquerque is re-writing its zoning code; Nob Hill seeks neighbor input

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jul 26 10:21:48 MDT 2017

Fellow Hilleños,

Albuquerque is re-writing its zoning code. The Integrated Development
Ordinance (IDO) will do away with Sector Plans like our 2007 Sector Plan. As
an example, the sector plan limits building heights on Central from Girard
to Aliso to 39 feet. In its current version the IDO would allow these to 45
feet or 65 feet in the blocks immediately adjacent to ART stations.

For the last 18 months your Nob Hill Neighborhood Association (NHNA) has
sought neighborhood input and used it to provide recommendations to CABQ.
Some of our recommendations have been incorporated and some have not.

Soon a committee of 5 city councilors will accept public comment and prepare
the IDO for approval by the full city council. This committee, the Land Use,
Planning, and Zoning Committee (LUPZ) will accept written comments until
August 9 and oral comments on August 16. Our councilor, Pat Davis, is on the
LUPZ.

This is the last chance for NHNA and individuals to influence the IDO.

NHNA seeks further input from neighbors using the framework on the
attachment. We also invite input not yet included in this framework. Pages
refer to the location of the language in the July 2017 draft which can be
seen at  <http://www.abc-zone.com> www.abc-zone.com  Look at the Interim
LUPZ draft.

You are invited to bring your input personally to a study session August 2
between 6:30pm and 8:00pm at 2918 Campus NE and/or email it to
theboard at nobhill-nm.com or the listserve.

NHNA will use input to craft written comments to LUPZ on August 9. NHNA
encourages neighbors to provide input for NHNA comments and also to provide
comments directly to LUPZ at  <http://www.abc-zone.com> www.abc-zone.com

and orally at its August 16 meeting.

Feel free to email theboard at nobhill-nm.com or the listserve with questions.

Thanks, Your NHNA IDO Task Force; Beverly Hill, Govinda Haines, Greg Weirs,
Gary Eyster, Chair