[Neighbors] Need your voice regarding building heights - please reply with input

Tandi Hufnagel via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jul 28 13:05:00 MDT 2017

Hi neighbors,

I'm sure you've all seen the updates from Gary and others about the
proposed changes in building heights in Nob Hill.

I wanted to summarize them because sometimes all the language in the codes
can be hard to understand.

*Here are three major changes that could dramatically change the
streetscape in Nob Hill:*

*1.*  The first change is to *raise the existing building height limit from
39' to 45'*.  That would include all blocks along Central in Nob Hill from
Girard to Aliso.

*2*.  The second change is to *add an additional 20' to the height limit in
the areas near ART stations*.  In Nob Hill that includes the stations at
Bryn Mawr and Solano.  This would raise the height limit from the proposed
45' up to a 65' (a five story building).  The increased height zone would
include a block in either direction (East-West) from the station.  So this
would apply along Central from Aliso to Hermosa, and Richmond to Wellesley.

*Pat Davis, maybe you can comment - has the additional height has already
been nixed for the Bryn Mawr station?  In any case it is still being
proposed for the Solano station zone.

*3.*  The third change is to allow the *additional 20' height within 660'
of the Washington station*.  This would cover Morningside to Monroe.  So
the majority of East Nob Hill could be built up to five stories.  Also, the
proposal includes another 12' for any "Workforce" projects for a grand
total of 77' allowable building height!  That's at least a six story
building.

Here's what is needed:  *Please reply to this email with your feedback on
these proposals before this coming Wednesday*.

Also, *please tell our councilman Pat Davis what you think*!  His email is:
 *patdavis at cabq.gov <patdavis at cabq.gov>.  *I think he reads these
neighborhood emails too.

As our representative it's up to Pat to help make the final decisions for
our neighborhood, and without your input he won't know what the
neighborhood prefers.

This is easy, you don't need to go to any meetings, just reply to this
email and/or email Pat.  If you do feel strongly and wish to go to the
meeting to add your voice, it will be August 16th in the evening.  Please
contact Gary Eyster for more info at:  meyster1 at comcast.net.

Thanks!

As I have written before, I think these building heights are completely out
of character for Nob Hill.  They do not fit the historic architecture or
human-scale texture of the neighborhood, and they are unnecessary.  The
only people who benefit are developers.  Three stories is a good limit for
any commercial development along Central.  I do support increased density
to help small local businesses survive, however it has to be done with
respect for the existing neighborhood.  Looking forward to hearing your
thoughts.

Tandi Hufnagel, Aliso NE