[Neighbors] Main Street Preservation -- New Mexico

Heather Gordon via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Nov 8 10:35:23 MST 2017

Good morning everyone,
Just thought I'd follow up with those of you who were interested: thanks to
your votes, Las Vegas NM has been awarded a $150K grant for historic
preservation! Here's the relevant info:

https://savingplaces.org/stories/partners-in-preservation-main-streets#.WgNABluPKiQ

Answer the Call in Las Vegas, NM: The MainStreet Las Vegas Corporation
intends to use the $150,000 grant to complete the restoration of the E.
Romero Hose & Fire Building, home of the first volunteer fire department in
the Southwest, and convert it into a museum commemorating the fire company
and exploring the history of northern New Mexico’s acequia system. Although
currently vacant, the E. Romero Hose & Fire Building embodies key elements
of the area’s history, culture, and values; its completion would provide
the perfect stage for telling the intertwined stories of the people who
built it, and its efforts to protect the growing community.

Thanks to everyone for all that you do both locally for Nob Hill as well as
for the state!
Cheers, Heather