[Neighbors] Concern about the red turn arrow lights on Central in Nob Hill

Susan Beard via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Nov 13 22:42:15 MST 2017

I am concerned about the extremely short light cycles for the red turn
arrow lights on Central in Nob Hill. These lights stay green for an
extremely short time allowing only 2-3 cars to turn left before the turn
arrows turn back to red. I do not understand why given modern
technology, the lights don't respond to the number of cars lined up to
turn left or pulling into the short left turn lane. I have not been able
to turn north on Carlisle from Central without waiting through long
light cycles even though the turn arrow is green as I enter the turn
lane or pull up behind another car waiting to turn left. I am not sure
where to lodge a complaint, but this red turn- arrow issue is causing
more Nob Hill congestion and more pollution from idling cars.  Susan Beard