[Neighbors] Questions/comments about the ART renovation of Central

Katya Adams via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Oct 5 17:19:48 MDT 2017

As ART is supposedly nearing its completion date, parts of Central on Nob Hill remain untouched, which makes me wonder if anything is in the plans at all for the Central stretch between Bryn Mawr and Richmond. In spite of the fact that the stretch is occupied by several shops and restaurants,  the sidewalks there (on both sides of Central), have not been widened and are in bad shape: the curbs are crumbling and the decorative concrete "flower beds" continue to collect neighborhood trash. No trees have been added to that stretch, and the fact the previously beautiful tree on the NW corner of Central and Richmond appears to be dying makes me think that the watering system on that spot was turned off at one point when the work was being done there and then was never turned back on again.

The widened sidewalks between Carlisle and Tulane look lovely with the trees, but since there are no bike racks at all, I noticed last night that people lock their bikes to the newly planted trees, which eventually may damage the trees.

Does anyone have any answers/comments about this? Pat, do you have any answers?

Katya Adams

303 Richmond Dr. SE