[Neighbors] new building at Aliso and Copper will be 4 stories high

Tandi Hufnagel via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Sep 7 14:08:54 MDT 2017

Neighbors -

You've heard about all the changes to zoning codes that are going on.  Well
here's how the current zoning limits are working out:

The new building going in at Aliso NE and Copper was permitted for 4
stories and 42.5'.  That's despite the fact that current limits are 3
stories and 39'!

So even though past neighbors fought hard to get the 3 story limit, the
developer is getting to do 4.  Just shows you how this city works.

I personally would really appreciate other neighbors to contact the person
responsible and complain.  Code Compliance Manager is Andrew Garcia:

Andrew Garcia
924-3301
agarcia at cabq.gov

Thank you.  What this means is that even if we can get new limits of 4
stories, or 5 stories, the permits that actually get issued can be for even
more.  Apparently some little law got snuck through a couple years ago that
allows code enforcement not to follow their own codes!

Tandi Hufnagel