[Neighbors] Bugs

Sam Bawcum via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Apr 26 08:39:22 MDT 2018

If your neighbors are spraying poison, this may be pushing roaches to your safe haven.
Here's a recipe that has worked very well for me.

Planet Friendly Killer Roach Bait
16oz Boric Acid (sold as Hot Shot Roach Killing Powder, 99% Boric Acid, at Ace Hardware)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
Coconut oil to hold it all together (or some other fatty substance), 1/2 to 1 cup
Add enough water to bring to a clay-like consistency

I make 1 inch balls and toss them in the crawl space.  Also, I construct little roach hotels out of plastic containers (cutting triangle doors on 4 sides of yogurt containers) and bait them with this concoction.  For every 1 roach you see, there are a hundred more hiding.  This has really worked for me.