[Neighbors] Street Lights

Thomas Simic via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Aug 2 14:44:08 MDT 2018

I e-mailed the Mayor last week regarding the Street Lights that have been out on Coal, east and west of Carlisle and wanted to give him a week to respond but I have not heard anything. Three months ago, I called Sitelum, the contractor for street lights about the lights that have been out. I was informed that it would take two months to get the lights working. After two months, I called back again and was told that they needed approval from the city to do the repairs. A month later I called back was was told that they either ordered or needed to order wiring and that it would take another two months for the work to be completed. This means that Coal Ave. literately has been in the dark regarding a  timely solution to this problem. It is scary at night with the area being so dark. It seems like 5 months is a long time to correct this problem. In addition, i informed the company the the street lights on Lead, east of Carlisle to Washington   have been on all day, increasing the city's electric bill.  Was told that a crew is out in the neighborhood and it will be corrected that day. Well, a week later and the lights are still on. Not sure if the timing mechanism  got thrown out of kilter when we had that power failure. The money that the city is spending on paying for these lights being on during the day could be used for the betterment of the city.