[Neighbors] July 26th District 6 Coalition Meeting Hosted by La Mesa: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jul 17 09:26:21 MDT 2018

*Meeting & Potluck **District 6 Coalition **of Neighborhood Associations *

*Hosted by our La Mesa Community Improvement Association*

*Thursday, July 26, 2018*

*6:00pm - 8:00pm*
*Mesa Verde Community Center*
*7900 Marquette Ave. NE*

*Albuquerque, NM 87108*

*Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps?q=7900+Marquette+Ave+NE,+Albuquerque,+NM+87108&entry=gmail&source=g>*

*Street parking and surface parking*

OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! OUR NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY MOVEMENT!

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO NEIGHBORS. BRING NEIGHBORS and BRING FOOD!

THE AGENDA IS PRESENTED HERE AND THE MAY 2018 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE
AVAILABLE SOON.

MEETING AGENDA DISTRICT 6 COALITION:

*1. Welcome & Introductions*

*2. Approval of Agenda & Minutes*

*3. Sheriff's Office and APD SE Area Command *

Sheriff Manuel Gonzales III, Undersheriff Larry Koren

Sgt. Roger Legendre of APD: Police and Community Together (PACT)

*4. Block Captains*

The La Mesa Neighborhood is planning a Block Captain program to reduce
crime, block by block. We will discuss Coalition support for a
Coalition-wide Block Captain program.

*5. Veteran Housing and Safety*

We will discuss Veteran Housing, as well as Public Safety in the La Mesa
Neighborhood, including 529 San Pablo and 3 other properties.

*6. Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary *

These schools are now in a state of emergency due to recent decisions made
by PED. We will discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent
to PED on July 5th. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a
status update and answer questions.

*7. **Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Authority *

Meagan Oldham will discuss the Water Authority's rebates and outdoor
conservation efforts.

*8. International District Library*

We will discuss the planning of the new International District Library.

*9. Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding poor lighting in some of our
neighborhoods*

We will discuss status updates on the list of neighborhoods seeking
lighting, as well as the Coalition Lighting Support Letter to the Mayor’s
Office.

*10. Neighborhood Association Concerns*

*11. Community Input & Announcements*

Gina Naomi Dennis, President
District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations
17 Neighborhoods

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis

*Facebook: Gina Naomi Dennis*