[Neighbors] EARTH DAY FESTIVAL: VOLUNTEERS!

Susan Michie via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Mar 28 11:22:36 MDT 2018

La Montañita Co-op’s 28th annual EarthFest celebration is Sunday, April 22, 10am-4pm  and we need plenty of volunteers to make it the great event that our community has come to love!
We need help with Pre-event Setup, Bike Valet, Demo Samplers, Rovers and Post-event Cleanup.
All volunteers receive one 15% discount card for each hour they volunteer.
All volunteers will receive an EarthFest Volunteer t-shirt.
Volunteers who work the entire event, will also receive a free meal from our Deli.
Each volunteer position is organized into 2-hour shifts. If you volunteer for more than one shift – i.e., volunteer the entire day in two or three different volunteer positions – you will receive 1 bonus discount card for each extra shift (i.e., one shift = 2 cards, two shifts = 4 cards, etc.). Discount cards given for EarthFest volunteering are exempt from the 8 card per month limit. You will receive your discount cards upon completion of your shifts.
Below are the shifts we need help with, along with brief descriptions:
Pre-event Setup
8am – 10am (2 hours): 8 volunteers needed
This involves setting up chairs, tables, umbrellas, signage, and helping artists and non-profit groups set up their tables. There is often some downtime as we wait for materials or vendors to arrive, but we would rather have extra help than not enough. Those interested in volunteering must be comfortable with taking direction, walking and being on your feet for extended periods of time. If requested, latex/vinyl gloves will be provided. If interested in working a longer shift, we will place you in another volunteer position once setup is completed.
Bike Valet
10am – 12pm (2 hours) 3 volunteers needed 12pm – 2pm (2 hours) 3 volunteers needed 2pm – 4pm (2 hours) 3 volunteers needed
Those biking to EarthFest with be able to safely secure their two-wheeled “vehicle” in the Bike Valet area. Volunteers will monitor bikes for attendees within the valet area. Those interested in volunteering must be comfortable with interacting with people and possibly being on your feet for intermittent periods of time – although if needed, you may bring your own chair for seating. Additionally, since shade will be scarce, volunteers should wear plenty of sunscreen, a hat and protective clothing (if needed).
Demo Samplers
10am – 12pm (2 hours) 1 volunteer needed 12pm – 2pm (2 hours) 1 volunteer needed2pm - 4pm (2 hours) 1 volunteer needed

Lots of food and drink samples will be available to give out to EarthFest attendees, we need your help! This involves giving out mostly pre-packaged samples, although we may have some samples which need to be served into cups as well. Those interested in volunteering must be comfortable with interacting with people and light walking (when needed). For those with long hair, you may be asked to wear a hair tie. Latex/vinyl gloves will be provided.
Rovers
10am – 12pm (2 hours): 3 shifts open12pm – 2pm (2 hours): 3 shifts open2pm – 4pm (2 hours): 3 shifts open
Rovers will assist with breaks and providing assistance where needed. Those interested in volunteering must be comfortable with taking direction, interacting with people and walking (if needed). If needed, Latex/vinyl gloves will be provided.
Post-event Cleanup
3pm-5pm (2 hours): 6 shifts open
The cleanup process can go quickly with many people contributing. This involves picking up trash, folding up chairs, and tables, collecting umbrellas, retrieving signage, and helping break down tables. Those interested in volunteering must be comfortable with taking direction, walking and being on your feet for extended periods of time. Latex/vinyl gloves will be provided.
Please signup to volunteer with Monique at monique.salhab at lamontanita.coop or call 217-2027.
We truly could not host EarthFest every year without the help of our terrific volunteers.
Thank you so much for your support!
LA MONTANITA CO-OP