[Neighbors] Safari Grill

Dan Spanogle via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Oct 29 14:51:08 MDT 2018

I’m definitely in favor.
I think the church proximity rule is antiquated and useless.

This business serves great food and needs a license for beer and wine (at
minimum) in order to compete and stay in business.

I would not have any concern around a full license either. It would be
extremely unlikely that it would become a “bar-like” atmosphere.
Our alcohol laws in the US often don’t make sense and NM’s versions amplify
problems that could be solved in other ways. (In my opinion)
Best of luck to Safari Grill. Give them a try. Their food is tasty and the
owners and staff seem really nice.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 3:43 PM Jim Strozier via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <
neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

> I agree with Anthonie and would also point out that Calvary Baptist Church
> is located on Central Avenue in the old Lobo Theater. They moved into this
> location knowing that this was a commercial block in Nob Hill surrounded by
> restaurants and bars. I believe that both Zinc and Crazy Fish serve alcohol
> in the same block. Zinc has a full bar. The previous restaurant, Stella
> Blue, had a liquor license. Who are we trying to protect here - the church
> that moved in knowing that they were in the middle of Nob Hill?
>
> If a restaurant is going to be competitive in Nob Hill, they have to serve
> alcohol.
>
> I am in support of this application.
>
> Jim Strozier, FAICP
> Consensus Planning, Inc.
> 302 8th Street NW
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=302+8th+Street+NW&entry=gmail&source=g>
> (505) 764-9801

Dan

•This message was m sent from my handheld gizmo.. Please excuse any errors
in spellign and grammar. Also, I may have just finished a float.. so I
might be a bit floaty. Or... I might really need to float so I’m might a
bit dry.