[Neighbors] Safari Grill, 3001 Central Ave NE, requests restaurant liquor license with on premise consumption only...clarification of application

Noreen Young via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Oct 30 16:03:13 MDT 2018

Hello, Gary - NHNA, and receiving parties;

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Bill Young and in this email I
have attached a letter from Calvary Albuquerque in Nob Hill with an
approval for our Beer and Wine license as requested per Gary.

I deeply apologize for the statements and wording in the dialogue that
states Alcohol license or restaurant liquor license. I assure that we are
applying for a Beer and Wine license to compliment our cuisine.

I would like to give you a little background information on our Company
Safari Grill under Future 500 LLC.

We started the Safari concept in a food truck a decade or so ago here in
Albuquerque, and after many followers throughout the years we expanded to
the Westside of Albuquerque in 2014, in a small mom & pop style shop. Since
then we closed that location due to size and futhermore recently just moved
to the Nob Hill location for more seating and visibility in 2018 and opened
in Mid-May.

The establishment features East African- Indian cuisine with New Mexican
fusion. Our offering span from Amazong appetizers to grilled Steak,
Chicken, Shrimp Skewers turned into Tacos, bowls, and wraps. We also offer
unique Entrees, Burgers and Sandwiches to compliment our use of spices and
seasoning. Please look up our establishment and the reviews on Yelp or
google to better help understand what people are saying about us and our
cuisine and what we do here.

We pride ourselves on our culture, and locality as well as our specialty
cuisine and the owner of the space and building wanted us on the block
because of the unqiness and quality we offer.

We were required to have the bare minimum of the Beer and Wine as per our
lease agreement with the Hyder Bros Inc, and Fetherolf LLC families.

We promise to uphold the most tasteful, elegant and classy yet casual
atmosphere and will be pairing our cuisine and dishes with local Wines and
local craft beers that compliment our cuisine. Some of the local neighbors
have already visited and commented on returning several times to enjoy the
entirety of the menu because they have enjoyed what they have tried thus
far.

The Beer and Wine license holds standards to restaurant rules and
regulations making sure that no more than a 40/60 ratio is met verses Beer
and Wine sales to Food, 60% being food. Our records in previous years have
shown that we in actuality serve more than 80% food verses 20% or less
being in beer and wine sales, so we are well under the required perameters.

I will be attending the meeting personally on Thursday if anyone has any
questions or concerns or would like more information about our company or
cuisine. Thank you all very much for your care and concerns in the issue at
hand and we look forward to being part of the neighborhood for several
years to come and wish you all the best during this holiday season.

Please come by and try us out for we would love to have you as our guest.

Thank you once more and God bless.

Respectfully,
Future 500 LLC
D.B.A. Safari Grill