[Neighbors] September 27th District 6 Coalition Meeting Hosted by Siesta Hills: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Sep 19 16:54:27 MDT 2018

*Meeting & Potluck **District 6 Coalition **of Neighborhood Associations *

*Hosted by our Siesta Hills Neighborhood Association*

*Thursday, September 27, 2018*

*6:00pm - 8:00pm*
*Christ United Methodist Church*
*6200 Gibson Blvd SE*

*Albuquerque, NM 87108*

*Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.1117312,-106.6713088/christ+united+methodist+church+albuquerque/@35.0847984,-106.6909159,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m1!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x87220a5028e1a4dd:0x449e5cbd409d418d!2m2!1d-106.572547!2d35.0579059>*

*Street parking and surface parking*

OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! OUR NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY MOVEMENT!

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO NEIGHBORS. BRING NEIGHBORS and BRING FOOD!

THE AGENDA IS PRESENTED HERE AND THE JULY 2018 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE
AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK.

MEETING AGENDA DISTRICT 6 COALITION:

*1. Welcome & Introductions*

*2. Approval of Agenda & Minutes*

*3. Sheriff's Office and APD SE Area Command *

Sheriff Manuel Gonzales III, Undersheriff Larry Koren

Lt. Rene Barraza of APD: SE Area Command

*4. Wilson Park, Jack and Jill Park, Bullhead Park, and Lassetter Park:
Public Safety and Public Health*

We will discuss Coalition support to resolve issues such as homelessness,
needles (i.e., drug use), and poor lighting in our Neighborhood Parks.
These issues impact the Public Safety and Public Health of our children and
our families.  This includes a conversation with Director David Simon of
the Parks and Recreation Department.  In addition, the growing homelessness
and drug use in our Parks has become a systemic problem that has evolved
into more than just a "Park" issue and has also become a Community-Wide
"People" issue.

*5. Tiny Home Village and Homelessness*

Ilse Biel will discuss the Tiny Homes in Albuquerque.

*6. Speeding and Traffic*

The Siesta Hills Neighborhood is experiencing speeding and traffic issues.
We will discuss Coalition support to address these issues.

*7. Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding poor lighting in some of our
neighborhoods*

We will discuss status updates on the $95,000, the list of neighborhoods
seeking lighting, and the Coalition Lighting Support Letter to the Mayor’s
Office.

*8.  Albuquerque Mayor's Office *

Aaron Nieto will discuss lighting and other initiatives.

*9. Vacant and Abandoned Properties *

We will discuss Coalition support to reduce the amount of vacant and
abandoned properties in the La Mesa Neighborhood and in other neighborhoods.

*10. Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary *

These schools are now in a state of emergency due to recent decisions made
by PED. We will discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent
to PED on July 5th. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a
status update and answer questions.

*11. Real Estate** Acquisition in the Trumbull Neighborhood for a Day
Shelter.*

We will discuss Coalition support and the status of the acquisition of a
property in the Trumbull neighborhood, to house many of the people
experiencing homelessness there.

*12. Neighborhood Association Concerns*

*13. Community Input & Announcements*

Gina Naomi Dennis, President
District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations
17 Neighborhoods
www.district6coalition.com

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis