[Neighbors] Fwd: You're invited to an Open House of the New Mexico Steam Locomotive & Railroad Historical Society (NMSLRHS) this Sat. Sept. 29th, all day, from 9 am to 5, at 1833 8th Street NW (Don't forget to click on the link below for a look at the 2926 Story!)

Greg Weirs via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Sep 28 11:04:23 MDT 2018

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: BernCo Neighborhood Coordination <
bernconeighborhoodcoordination at bernco.gov>
Date: Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:46 AM
Subject: You're invited to an Open House of the New Mexico Steam Locomotive
& Railroad Historical Society (NMSLRHS) this Sat. Sept. 29th, all day, from
9 am to 5, at 1833 8th Street NW (Don't forget to click on the link below
for a look at the 2926 Story!)

*(BernCo Neighborhood Coordination note:  Here’s another reminder for this
weekend’s Open House with a few extra comments from your friends at the
Alameda North Valley Association.  Note the additional picture of the
engine, tender and caboose from several years ago when it was on display
near I-40 and 2nd Street and deteriorating due to the sun and weather.  We
also admire the hundreds of volunteers who have spent literally thousands
of hours to restore this great piece of  history to her former glory.  It
will certainly be amazing to see the old Santa Fe 2926 roar down the tracks
once again under her own steam!)     *

*(**anvanews note: The locomotive is very interesting and the folks working
on it have dedicated years of hard work on the project. Great event for
all.*)

*You are cordially invited to the NMSLRHS Annual Open House on Saturday
September 29th at our restoration site at 1833 8th Street NW. Free music,
foods and soft drinks. * *Bring family, friends, and "kids" of all* *ages!*

*Addendum to the Train Open House information:*

·        I remember...early '70s...taking my "little girls" to clamber
aboard the engine when it sat as a memorial at Coronado Park on 2nd St. by
recently completed I-40 and before a chain link fence had to be put up to
protect it.

·

Likewise, I remember several years ago seeing it when they'd taken the
"skin" off during the restoration, revealing a complex array of conduit
etc. covering the body of the boiler and wondering what Genius mind had
created this million ton behemoth that could run close to a hundred miles
an hour hauling a hundered freight cars behind it by simply burning some
coal?

Hopefully this added video *http://tinyurl.com/y7ududkq
<http://tinyurl.com/y7ududkq>* might further entice Folks to visit the open
house and, if possible, drop a few pesos for the completion of the work of
tireless Gal & Guy Volunteers saving a bit of New Mexico that contributed
to the country' wellbeing, especially during WWII.

Hasta....

Vecino Bob

*(This event information has been forwarded to you in the public* *interest
by BernCo Neighborhood Coordination.)*

*(This event information has been forwarded to you in the public* *interest
by BernCo Neighborhood Coordination.)*

*Website: www.anvanews.com <http://www.anvanews.com/>*

*Email: anvanews at aol.com <anvanews at aol.com>*

Gratuitous graphics and other non-essential items may be removed from the
above message to save time loading the email and to save ink and paper if
printed.

anvanews: We are using this email address to provide information about
community events and issues. This email was blind copied to those who have
provided email address information to the Alameda North Valley Association
(ANVA) or to email addresses that are part of the public record. Email
address lists are maintained at the discretion of the site owner and not by
ANVA. The information provided noes not necessarily reflect the views of
ANVA or anvanews and the site owner assumes no responsibility about the
information provided. If you have additional community information or
questions, please reply to this email. We reserve the right to select and
edit any material that is submitted. If you would like to be removed from
this list, please reply to this email. If you continue to receive email
please reply again and we will again try to eliminate duplicated addresses.
Email addresses are not shared and they will never be used for commercial
purposes.

--
Greg Weirs
505 265 9995