[Neighbors] Liquor License Notices in Nob Hill

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Feb 10 09:55:28 MST 2019

Nob Hill Neighbors, Three liquor license notices have come to my attention
in the last few days.

I am distributing them for your information and to give you the opportunity
to comment personally to NM Alcohol and Gaming Division(NMAGD) and/or CABQ
Liquor Hearing Officer(LHO).

When a party applies for a license from NMAGD this triggers a LIQUOR LICENSE
NOTICE sign like you see in the attachments stating, "Any person having
objection to granting a license for the location may register a written
objection with the NMAGD. If a written objection is filed objection will be
forwarded to the appropriate local governing body which will hold a public
hearing on the application." I believe that means the CABQ Liquor Hearing
Officer (LHO), https://www.cabq.gov/council/liquor-hearings

I encourage any neighbor to comment individually to either agency whenever
you wish; particularly when timeframes are tight.

If anyone knows the process better than me feel free to tell me what you
know.

Nob Hill Neighborhood Association (NHNA) rarely expresses objection to NMAGD
LIQUOR LICENSE NOTICES  because timeframes are short.  Such objections are
generally expressed by individuals.

NHNA can develop a statement of support or opposition to CABQ LHO whenever
we receive neighborhood input indicating that neighbors want their
association to make a statement. An association statement needs to be
developed with neighborhood input and transparency. It needs a board meeting
with proper notification of neighbors (which we do using the list serve that
sent you this email), full community discussion, and the process of motions
and votes by the board. If the hearing date permits we can do that at a
regular meeting. If not we can call a special board meeting.

None of the three notices below is on our agenda for our next regular
meeting, Monday, February 11, 6 pm, Monte Vista Christian Church, because
they have come up so recently (agenda attached). However, we open our
meetings with public comment. Anyone may comment on any issue relevant to
the neighborhood. We suggest a target of a couple minutes but it can be
extended slightly.  If public comment and the schedule of an application
indicates a need, there is a possibility out board would amend our agenda.
Otherwise, our action would be scheduled at a later date. You may also send
your comments to theboard at NobHill-NM.com

Kind regards, Gary Eyster, President

Here are the three recent notices.

1.     Three Little Birds, 114 Tulane SE

Email, 2/7/2019, Good afternoon Mr. Bayer (VP) and Mr. Eyster, In compliance
with the regulations set forth by the Office of Neighborhood Coordination, I
want to communicate with the Nob Hill Neighborhood Association about the
upcoming hearing for a beer and wine license for Three Little Birds LLC.
Three Little Birds is located at 114 Tulane Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106.
This restaurant is located next to Tractor Brewery, which serves beer and
wine.

The upcoming hearing will be on Feb 22 at 9AM at the office of ONC(Office of
Neighborhood Coordination)  located at One Civic Plaza NW , 9th Floor Room
9081.  That office can be reached at (50) 768-3334

I am the registered agent for Three Little Birds. Please let me know that
this has been received. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or
concerns.

Thank you very much, Leticia Y. Bernal, Bernal Business Services LLC,
505.362.4545 [Comment by Gary Eyster: I did not see or hear of the LIQUOR
LICENSE NOTICE for this action. I assume it was posted.]

2.     Soo Bak Seoul Bowl, 111 Hermosa SE; LIQUOR LICENSE NOTICE attached

3.     7 Eleven Food Store #5771, 3801 Central Ave NE; LIQUOR LICENSE NOTICE
attached...[Comment by Gary Eyster: I went to the store and talked to an
employee. He said this is associated with a sale of the company and the
license needs to be transferred to the new owner. He says the notice appears
at all their stores affected by the sale].