[Neighbors] January 31st District 6 Coalition Meeting Hosted by Elder Homestead: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jan 29 16:37:10 MST 2019

Meeting & Potluck District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Hosted by our Elder Homestead Neighborhood Association

Thursday, January 31, 2019

5:30pm - 7:45pm

Cesar Chavez Community Center

7505 Kathryn Ave. SE

Albuquerque, NM 87108

Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/7505+Kathryn+Ave+SE,+Albuquerque,+NM+87108/@35.0657776,-106.567033,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87220a5bf7184787:0x872b32e6f98769c4!8m2!3d35.0657732!4d-106.5648443>

Surface parking

OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! OUR NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY MOVEMENT!

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO NEIGHBORS. BRING NEIGHBORS and BRING FOOD!

THE AGENDA IS PRESENTED HERE AND THE NOVEMBER 2018 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE
AVAILABLE THIS WEEK.

MEETING AGENDA DISTRICT 6 COALITION:

1. Welcome & Introductions

2. Approval of Agenda & Minutes

3. Treasurer’s Report

4. Sheriff's Office and APD SE Area Command

Sheriff Manuel Gonzales III, Undersheriff Larry Koren

Lt. Adam Anaya of APD: SE Area Command

5. Albuquerque Mayor's Office: Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding
poor lighting in some of our neighborhoods

Aaron Nieto, of the Mayor's Office, will discuss lighting and other
initiatives. We will also discuss status updates on the $95,000, the list
of neighborhoods seeking lighting, and the Coalition Lighting Support
Letter to the Mayor’s Office. We will also discuss a State legislative
request for $500,000 for lighting and the specific locations where those
funds need to be implemented within our neighborhoods.

6. Albuquerque Garbage Transfer Station

We will discuss the City's Garbage Transfer Station.

7. AMAFCA

Bradley Bingham is a Drainage Engineer with AMAFCA and will discuss
projects and updates regarding the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood
Control Authority.

8. Vacant and Abandoned Properties

We will discuss Coalition support to address Vacant and Abandoned
Properties (VAAP) in our neighborhoods, including the La Mesa Neighborhood
and other Neighborhoods. This includes a conversation with Scott Hughes, of
UNM Geospatial and Population Studies, regarding the identification of VAAP
and a conversation with Elena Gonzales, of Homewise, regarding the title
and ownership records of VAAP.

9. Speeding and Traffic: Gibson Bypass

Most of our Neighborhoods are experiencing speeding and traffic issues. We
will discuss the Gibson Bypass.

*10. Homelessness: Public Health and **Public Safety*

We will discuss the implementation of the Coalition's 3-stage strategy to
resolve issues such as homelessness and needles (i.e., drug use), including
the underlying issues of addiction and mental health. These issues impact
the Public Health and the Public Safety of our community, our children, and
our families. In addition, the growing homelessness and drug use in our
Parks has become a systemic problem that has evolved into more than just a
"Park" issue and has also become a Community-Wide "People" issue.

11. Albuquerque Parks and Recreation Department: Phil Chacon Park

The City Parks and Recreation Department will discuss improving Phil Chacon
Park. This includes a conversation with Susannah Abbey, of the Parks and
Recreation Department.

12. Follow-up: Projects

Lead Avenue and Coal Avenue: Public Safety and Public Health

We will discuss our new Coalition Support Letter to the City to support the
Lead-Coal Task Force, involving the City, the University Heights
Neighborhood, the Nob Hill Neighborhood, and others.

Emerson Elementary School

We will discuss our new Coalition School Support Letter to APS and the
Mayor's Office to address the needs of Emerson Elementary School.

Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary Schools

We will discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent to PED on
July 5th. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a status update
and answer questions.

Project in the Trumbull Village Neighborhood to serve people experiencing
homelessness

We will discuss Coalition support and the status of the Compassion Services
Center in the Trumbull Neighborhood, to serve the people experiencing
homelessness there.

13. State Legislation and City Ordinances

We will discuss State Legislation and City Ordinances that impact our
Neighborhoods.

14. Neighborhood Association Concerns

15. Community Input & Announcements

Gina Naomi Dennis, President

District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

17 Neighborhoods

www.district6coalition.com

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis