[Rg65coa] RG65 News

Earl Boebert via Rg65coa rg65coa at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Feb 28 12:32:09 MST 2017

First, I’d like to thank everybody who responded to our test message. I think we have the system working now. We have a group of bad email addresses whose owners I will be contacting by text message or snail mail to make sure everybody who wants to be included will be.

Now, for business:

The International Radio Sailing Association (IRSA) has released their proposed international rule for the RG65 class. This has been the topic of some heated discussion on various internet forums. So my first advice is: Don’t Panic. This is just a proposal by an international body. Our activities and boats are governed by, and protected by, the AMYA bylaws and the constitution and bylaws of the RG65 COA. We are not going to change the way we operate, or change the class rules, except by the processes defined in those governing documents. If you want to read the proposed international rules a copy can be downloaded here:

http://bit.ly/2m9UPRd

I am in constant contact with Fredo Vollmer, head of the existing RG65 International Class Association, and I will keep you all up to date on the evolution of this situation.

Now for the important stuff: our constitution defines a governing body consisting of three individuals. With Eric off sailing around the world, we have an opening for an individual to join Dick Ball and myself as director. Duties are light, mainly to act as a sounding board and provide backup in case something happens to the class secretary. I am therefore calling for volunteers for the position. If you volunteer, your name will be added to Dick’s and mine for a special email election in a couple of months.

San Diego has volunteered to host the RG65 Nationals in August. The Duke City Model Yacht Club is hosting the 10th Annual Rio Grande Cup in Albuquerque on April 15-16. We are looking for clubs to host Regional Championships. If your club is interested, please respond to this message.

And that’s it for now. Get those boats ready, the water is turning soft.

Cheers,

Earl