[Rg65coa] Message From The RG65 Class Secretary

rg65coadir via Rg65coa rg65coa at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Mar 19 14:03:50 MDT 2017

Dear RG65 Skipper,

First, I would like to thank Ernie Thorpe, USA 97, for stepping up an filling the third director’s position in our class owner’s association. Ernie joins Dick Ball (USA 40) and me (USA 1) in the directorships. To conform to our COA constitution and bylaws I would appreciate it if those of you who approve would reply to this message with the single word “approve” or some such.

I would also like to thank Cris Bolle, USA 913, for volunteering to act as the USA representative to the negotiations with the International Radio Sailing Organization. These promise to be difficult, and I would appreciate it if any of our members who have experience in international intellectual property law would contact me by replying to this message, sending an email to rg65 at theAMYA.org, or phoning me at 505 823 1046.

We have clubs who have volunteered to hold National regattas in 2017 and 2018 but we are in need of clubs willing to host Regional Championships for those years. If your club is interested, contact me in the manner described above.

Finally, the Rio Grande Cup, the oldest continuous RG65 regatta in the US, will celebrate its 10th running on April 22-23 this year. This marks a reschedule from the original announcement. Notice of race and entry form can be found at:

http://www.unm.edu/~eschman/dcmyc/NOR_RGCup_2017F.pdf <http://www.unm.edu/~eschman/dcmyc/NOR_RGCup_2017F.pdf>

Entries are due April 12. This is an opportunity to visit the Land of Enchantment and sail for a first place trophy that incorporates and authentic item of Native American art.

Cheers,

Earl