[Rg65coa] RG65 Upcoming Events

Earl Boebert via Rg65coa rg65coa at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Feb 26 20:55:35 MST 2020

Dear RG65 Enthusiasts,

The sailing season is upon us and I have been working to gather information related to upcoming events for the RG65 Class.  I am hoping that gathering this information and sending this email will help to garner support for the events that are being hosted as well as to obviously increase attendance for the events.  Below are the upcoming events and their locations:

April 18-19th San Diego Argonauts will be hosting the 2020 RG65 US National Championships (April 17 will be check-in and practice day)
Location - San Diego, CA Model Yacht Basin

April 24-26th Duke City Model Yacht Club will be hosting it’s annual Rio Grande Cup
Location - Albuquerque, NM Tingley Beach Aquatic Park

May 2nd Northern Virginia Model Yacht Club will be hosting Region 3 Championships
Location - Restion, VA Lake Anne

More information can be found in the following locations:

www.sandiegoargonauts.com <http://www.sandiegoargonauts.com/>
https://www.facebook.com/RG65USA <https://www.facebook.com/RG65USA>
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3520605-AMYA-RG65-2020-National-Championships <https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3520605-AMYA-RG65-2020-National-Championships>
http://www.dcmyc.org <http://www.dcmyc.org/>
https://sites.google.com/site/northernvirginiamyc/home <https://sites.google.com/site/northernvirginiamyc/home>

I realize that these events are somewhat close together, and as we move forward with the rest of 2020 and 2021 calendar I will attempt to spread events out a little better.  I personally am hoping to attend at least two of these events, one since it’s close to home here in San Diego, but the second one will be the Rio Grande Cup, I have to see if I can do better than my second place finish this past year. :o)

Looking forward to meeting and seeing you at these events to discuss the future of the class.

Thank you,

Ben Reeve
AMYA RG65 Class Secretary
rcsailfun at gmail.com <mailto:rcsailfun at gmail.com>