[Volunteers_fosm] FOSM Trail Project for August 15, 2019

Bob Galloway via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Aug 9 17:28:26 MDT 2019

*PROJECT DETAILS:*
On 8/15/19, the Friends of the Sandia Mountains (FOSM) will continue work
on the Cienega-Armijo Trail Improvement Project (CATIP) for the Sandia
Ranger District. The project is working on another sustainable CATIP
reroute.

We will be accessing the work site from private property with limited
parking.  Because we must carpool to the extent possible and the trails are
not well marked, I do not recommend hiking out before the work session is
over. The hike in is about a mile with some steep climbs and rough terrain.

*PLEASE RSVP:*
So we can plan for tools, hard hats, and transportation, *please let me
know by email or text* 1)* IF *you plan to participate, 2)* IF *you will
need a hard hat*, *and 3)* IF *you have any questions.

*START TIME:  *
Meet at the FOSM shed behind the Sandia Ranger District (SRD) on
*Thursday 8/15/19 **ready to go* at *0730. *Bring your own lunch, snacks,
liquids, and sunscreen. Expect hot weather towards midday. We eat lunch at
1100, work until 1300 then hike out.

*REQUIRED ATTIRE: *
The standard USFS trail work PPE requirements apply: *approved hard hat,
eye protection, no open-toed shoes, work gloves, and pants* (no shorts), no
exceptions. An approved hard hat can be provided if needed. *NOTE:
*short-sleeved
shirts are fine for cutting tread but brushing, *including trail
obliteration,* requires *long sleeves*.

*Weather and trail conditions can change quickly. Please watch for last
minute project updates or cancellation. *

Thanks. And I can amend this distribution list as requested.

Bob Galloway
505-366-1573
FOSM Project Leader