[Volunteers_fosm] Change of plans for FOSM, Wed., June 5

Sam via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jun 4 21:21:20 MDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

Due to the rain and muddy conditions at the Cedro CFRP site, we will not be thinning there tomorrow, Wed., June 5.

Dan Benton will be driving a USFS truck tomorrow, and we are planning to move some of the large rounds of wood from Cienega PA or sites higher on the mountain to the Hazmat Building storage area for the Wood Ministry to collect later as donation firewood. We may be bucking some large logs into 12-inch long rounds with chain saws.

We will plan to split some of the heavier pieces with steel wedges and sledge hammers.

The work schedule will depend on the weather. Rain showers are forecast.

Meet at 8 am at the FOSM Guard Station with lunch and the usual PPE.

Sam Beard, Projects Chair
Friends of the Sandia Mountains
505-828-0673