[Volunteers_fosm] FOSM May 23 Trail Building Session -- Eric Russell

Eric Russell via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri May 17 19:50:10 MDT 2019

*Please Respond to Eric Russell, russells at swcp.com.
*I will be out of town until Wednesday evening but I 'should' be able to
monitor my email and  text messages.
*
*
*PROJECT DETAILS:*
The Friends of the Sandia Mountains (FOSM) will continue work on the
Cienega-Armijo Trail Improvement Project (CATIP) for the Sandia Ranger
District. We will hike up Armijo Trail #222 to extend the reroute of a
user trail (TC24). Tasks will consist of cutting new tread to the rock
cribbing and beyond if we have time.

We will be accessing the work site from a location with very limited
parking. The hike in is over a mile. Because we need to carpool to the
extent possible, I do not recommend hiking out before we end the work
session.

So we can plan for tools, hard hats, and transportation, _please let me
(russells at swcp.com) know by email or text_ 1)* IF *you plan to
participate, 2)* IF *you will need a hard hat*, *and 3)* IF *you have
any questions (and please do not "reply all").

*START TIME:*
Meet at the FOSM shed behind the Sandia Ranger District (SRD) on
*Thursday5/23/19 *ready to go at *0830 (no change yet)*. Bring your
lunch, snacks, liquids, and sunscreen. Dress in layers to accommodate
varying temperatures. We will work until around 1400.

*REQUIRED ATTIRE: *
The standard USFS trail work PPE requirements apply: *approved hard hat,
eye protection, no open-toed shoes, work gloves, and pants* (no shorts),
no exceptions. A hard hat can be provided if needed. *NOTE:
*short-sleeved shirts are fine but brushing, _including trail
obliteration,_ requires long sleeves.

*Weather and trail conditions can change quickly. Please watch for last
minute project updates or cancellation. *

Eric Russell
russells at swcp.com
505-688-6575